- Thread starter
- Staff
- #1
Dadparvar
Staff member
- Nov 11, 2016
- 10,601
- 0
- 6
Guinea’s former president, Alpha Conde, was released from house arrest last week.
Conde was removed from office by the army in September 2021, and he was temporarily replaced by Colonel Mamady Doumbouya. In January, Doumbouya announced the establishment of an 81-member National Council of Transition (CNT) to serve as the country’s parliament and legislate during the transition leading up to elections.
On Friday, Doumbouya said: “[I am] inform[ing] national and international opinion that the former president of the republic is finally free. While continuing to benefit from adequate protection, he can receive on-demand members of his biological and political family, friends and close ones.”
In response, Conde’s party, Rally of the Guinean People (RPG), said that Conde demands his “total and unconditional freedom.” However, Conde was permitted to travel to the United Arab Emirates to receive medical treatment earlier this month.
Conde’s removal was heavily criticized by Guinea’s allies, which led to the country’s suspension from the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States. Guinea’s junta leaders have been sanctioned by the bloc’s 15-members and plan to return to a constitutional rule by April 25.
The post Guinea former president released from house arrest appeared first on JURIST - News.
Continue reading...
Note: We don't have any responsibilities about this news. Its been posted here by Feed Reader and we had no controls and checking on it. And because News posted here will be deleted automatically after 21 days, threads are closed so that no one spend time to post and discuss here. You can always check the source and discuss in their site.
Conde was removed from office by the army in September 2021, and he was temporarily replaced by Colonel Mamady Doumbouya. In January, Doumbouya announced the establishment of an 81-member National Council of Transition (CNT) to serve as the country’s parliament and legislate during the transition leading up to elections.
On Friday, Doumbouya said: “[I am] inform[ing] national and international opinion that the former president of the republic is finally free. While continuing to benefit from adequate protection, he can receive on-demand members of his biological and political family, friends and close ones.”
In response, Conde’s party, Rally of the Guinean People (RPG), said that Conde demands his “total and unconditional freedom.” However, Conde was permitted to travel to the United Arab Emirates to receive medical treatment earlier this month.
Conde’s removal was heavily criticized by Guinea’s allies, which led to the country’s suspension from the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States. Guinea’s junta leaders have been sanctioned by the bloc’s 15-members and plan to return to a constitutional rule by April 25.
The post Guinea former president released from house arrest appeared first on JURIST - News.
Continue reading...
Note: We don't have any responsibilities about this news. Its been posted here by Feed Reader and we had no controls and checking on it. And because News posted here will be deleted automatically after 21 days, threads are closed so that no one spend time to post and discuss here. You can always check the source and discuss in their site.