What's new

Welcome

If you already have an account, please login, but if you don't have one yet, you are more than welcome to freely join the community of lawyers around the world..

Register Log in
  • We don't have any responsibilities about the news being sent in this site. Legal News are automatically being collected from sources and submitted in this forum by feed readers. Source of each news is set in the news and a link to its source is always added.
    (Any News older than 21 days from its post time will be deleted automatically!)

Jurist Iranian human rights group: Iranian forces open fire on Mahsa Amini protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread starter
  • Staff
  • #1

Dadparvar

Staff member
Nov 11, 2016
10,601
0
6
Hengaw Organization for Human Rights, an Iranian human rights group, Saturday said Iranian security forces shot at protesters in at least three cities. The group’s Twitter page follows on-the-ground progress of protests in the wake of the death of Mahsa Amini. According to Iran Human Rights, the nationwide protests have resulted in the death of at least 185 people. The situation is rapidly evolving.

Hengaw’s Twitter page has followed the nationwide protest developments on the ground with instantaneous reports, photos and videos. Hengaw reported one citizen was shot in the abdomen by Iranian forces in Sanandaj. Iranian forces opened fire earlier on a group of protesters on Madar Street. That citizen has since died from his injuries. Across the city, protests continue to grow.

Hengaw also detailed clashes between protesters and Iranian forces in Saqqez. Hengaw first tweeted that Iranian forces were armed with AK-47 rifles. Shortly thereafter, Hengaw said Iranian forces opened fire on one of the girls’ high schools in Saqqez. Elsewhere in the city, men and women were injured and several arrested.

In more recent reports, Hengaw tweeted a video of Javanrud in Kermanshah Province. Hengaw said that Iranian forces have lost “effective control” over the city. The video appears to capture fires burning in at least one area of the city. The tweet reads, “There is a fierce conflict between the people and the repressive forces. [T]he Internet has been cut off.” As of the time of this report, 11 people are believed to have been injured from direct fire from Iranian forces.

The nationwide protests broke out after Amini was arrested by the Tehran police on September 14 for wearing an “improper” hijab. Amini’s family found out she had been taken to the hospital in a coma two hours later. After two days, the Tehran police reported that she had died in custody. Amnesty International has called for action against Iran in the wake of the violence and protests.

The post Iranian human rights group: Iranian forces open fire on Mahsa Amini protesters appeared first on JURIST - News.

Continue reading...

Note: We don't have any responsibilities about this news. Its been posted here by Feed Reader and we had no controls and checking on it. And because News posted here will be deleted automatically after 21 days, threads are closed so that no one spend time to post and discuss here. You can always check the source and discuss in their site.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top